Ozone is a beverage bottlers' dream. Ozone's powerful disinfection capability, high oxidation ability and short half-life makes it the ideal candidate to perform the following critical functions in a bottling plant:
- Disinfect the bottled water from all bacteria and viruses including E.coli, cryptosporidium, and rotavirus
- Treat the bottled water precipitating heavy metals such as iron and manganese, removing colour, tannin and hydrogen sulfide
- Clean and disinfect the bottles including reusable bottles prior to bottling
- Clean and disinfect bottling equipment
- Clean and disinfect the bottle caps
- Create a sterile environment in the air found between the water surface and the bottle cap
Once bottled the residual ozone decomposes to oxygen.
Ozomax ozone systems come complete with dissolved ozone monitors, ambient ozone monitors and excess ozone destructors for ease of operation and safety.