OZOMAX's patented Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOP) use ozone in the presence of catalysts and/or electro-catalysts to form several powerful mixed oxidants insitu such as hydroxyl radicals, hydrogen peroxide, and atomic oxygen. These work together to mineralise organic pollutants converting them to carbon dioxide and water. Other oxidation by-products are flocculated and coagulated with little or no use of chemicals. Ozomax AOP water treatment systems are ideal for highly loaded, difficult to treat wastewaters.
Put our many years of know-how to work for you. Send us your application details for a quote by filling out our Information Request form.
The main process steps are as follows :
- Sedimentation of suspended solids or filtration depending on the level of TSS (Total Suspended Solids)
- pH adjustment if necessary, usually determined after a feasibility test in the lab
- AOP Electro-catalytic reactor
- DAF or Lamella clarification. At this stage 30-60% of COD is reduced.
- AOP catalytic oxidation in either a tank or a underground pit (optional)
- Post filtration to remove any suspended catalyst particles. At this stage the liquid is clear with minimal or no colour with 75-90% COD reduction.
- AOP Photo-catalytic UV or UV + Hydrogen Peroxide or Ozonation alone or a combination of these to achieve 95% to 100 % COD removal.
- Compact system - custom designed skid-mounted systems are made to fit your space limitations
- Simple operation - semi and fully automatic systems require no special skills to operate
- Treats a wider range of organic pollutants than biological systems
- Faster reaction rate than biological systems
- Treats inorganic pollutants
- Low energy consumption
- Easy to maintain and service
- All components UL and/or CSA approved
- Custom designed to meet your treatment requirements